Xcel Mechanical Systems is seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant capable of providing professional and expeditious support to our company’s Accounting Department. This position will assist with daily Accounts Payable functions while also assisting with special projects and a variety of related accounting and administrative tasks on tight deadlines. The ideal candidate has a strong accounting mindset and background; demonstrates excellent attention to detail; is a versatile team player; and is motivated to help a growing, award-winning local contractor succeed.
- Provide direct department support, including data entry and document filing
- Assist with Accounts Payable functions
- Review and verify accuracy of invoices/research and resolve discrepancies
- Sort, code, and match invoices prior to routing them for approval
- Enter/post invoices into Accounting Software daily
- Prepare and perform weekly check runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers, etc.
- Reconcile vendor statements/research and resolve discrepancies
- Maintain vendor files (both PAID and OPEN)
- Correspond with vendor inquiries
- Provide supporting documentation for audits or other reports
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Analytical. Problem solver.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy on all assigned tasks
- Strong time management skills: able to prioritize competing tasks to meet critical deadlines
- Positive attitude. Team Player.
- Recent college grads and/or candidates with relevant work experience will be considered
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in the construction industry a plus
If you are interested, e-mail your resume to email@example.com