Xcel Mechanical Systems is seeking a full-time, experienced BIM Detailer to assist in the creation of Shop Drawings, Hanger/Trimble Drawings, Penetration Drawings, and related work. Basic knowledge of commercial HVAC and Plumbing systems is required.
- Assist in developing BIM Models of HVAC duct, piping and plumbing and other areas of mechanical construction
- Identify interferences with the architectural, structural and other MEP elements
- File clean-up, title block and viewport set-up, compile files for composite coordination, tagging and dimensioning model/drawings, etc.
- Detailing sections of the model
- Produce details/drawings that comply with design criteria, contract requirements and applicable code
- Coordinate mechanical /plumbing models with other trade professionals
- Work requires occasional travel to jobsites
- Maintain a safe work attitude and encourage safety of others, especially when present at construction sites
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic ability of Interpreting blueprints, schematic drawings, specification, construction standards, layouts and job specific requirements
- Understanding and interpreting architectural and structural details as they affect the MEP installations
- A working knowledge AutoCad, Revit, NavisWorks and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Familiarization with applicable Plumbing and Mechanical building codes and safety laws