Xcel Mechanical Systems is one of Southern California’s leading mechanical and plumbing engineering, construction and service firms. We work directly with building owners, facility managers, building engineers and general contractors to design, build and deliver turnkey solutions that make commercial buildings more comfortable, energy-efficient and easier to manage.
Xcel Mechanical Systems has a robust Student Internship program that attracts candidates from across the United States. Our program is designed to prepare CM and/or ME students for a Project Engineer position in the mechanical contracting industry.
You will have the opportunity to leverage what you’re now learning in the classroom and apply it in our offices and at our project sites. We will provide a practical, hands-on experience that would be difficult to find anywhere else. And, you’ll learn more about our business and our industry by working across the different departments of our firm, gaining new and important professional contacts along the way.
Internship Responsibilities & Progression:
- Download, print, distribute project drawings
- Become familiar with project estimation & construction management software platforms
- Assist with project takeoffs. Research equipment and services. Contact vendors for quotes.
- Assist in assembling bid packages
- Attend Job Walks
- Job shadow Project Engineers and Project Managers. Visit in-progress construction project sites.
- Take on increasingly progressive and complex Project Engineering tasks